DCRJ's PINOY BISCUITS Channel
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy'

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

JACKIE CHAN Apologizes to HK People for comment on Manila Bus Hostage Incident - Aug. 31, 2010

The following is a statement of Jackie Chan concerning on his previous comment he made on his Twitter account about the Manila Bus Hostage Taking incident.

First of all, I’d like to express my deepest condolences to the families of the victims in Hong Kong affected by the tragedy in the Philippines. Maybe what I said wasn’t very clear and it was misunderstood. The content in my Twitter account was posted by my American assistant on my behalf, but after interpretation the posts did not entirely capture what I truly meant to say.

What happened to the Hong Kong tourists in the Philippines - being taken hostage and then killed - was a terrible and heartbreaking tragedy. I am 100% Chinese and I’m from Hong Kong. I feel grief and pain for the Hong Kong citizens who lost their lives during this unfortunate incident, and I deeply sympathize with the families who have lost their loved ones. I sincerely hope that those injured during the ordeal will get well soon.

What I wanted to convey was that I won’t hate Filipino people as a result of this tragic incident. There are several hundred thousand Filipinos working in Hong Kong, and there are quite a few Hong Kong people working in the Philippines as well. If we start hating each other, it will cause great damage to both Hong Kong and the Philippines.

As for whether or not the Filipino police in charge of the incident should be held responsible for not handling the situation appropriately, of course I don’t need to comment on this matter; this should be left to the experts in this area.

If I have caused any misunderstanding or discontent because of my incomplete thoughts and feelings posted on Twitter, I would like to express my deepest and most sincere apology.

Source: Jackie Chan's Official Website


Here's a video I recorded courtesy of 24 Oras which aired Aug. 31, 2010
JACKIE CHAN Apologizes to HK People for comment on Manila Bus Hostage Incident - Aug. 31, 2010


Here's a video I recorded courtesy of 24 Oras which aired Aug. 25, 2010, Jackie Chan's comments on his Twitter account
HK Superstar JACKIE CHAN Saddened by MANILA BUS HOSTAGE Taking Incident - Aug. 25, 2010


No comments:

Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy' from the moymoypalaboy 'Uploaded' Album CD/DVD
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill at DCRJ's clinic January 30, 2009

Related Posts by DCRJ: