DCRJ's PINOY BISCUITS Channel
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy'

Sunday, February 12, 2012

DCRJ's Movie Reviews : STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE in 3D (1997/2012)

We saw STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE in 3D (1997/2012) at 3D Digital Theater, SM Mall of Asia, Feb. 11, 2012 Saturday. Episode I is the least of my favorite Star Wars episode. I am annoyed with the character Jar Jar Binks, I never liked the acting of Natalie Portman and Jake Lloyd, I feel that it lacks the emotional impact specially the death scene of Qui Gon Jinn with Obi-Wan and, tosay the least, I hated the story line. Now, I get to revisit the film again, this time in 3D and I was immersed with its scope and realize that it's not that bad at all knowing that certain plots in I was explained further in Episode II and III. The film was obviously converted into 3D, some background looks flat due to negligence perhaps of the conversion and some 3D head angles look overly done. Yet still, the pod race in 3D was a blast to look at and it's more immersive now than in 2D. Now that Episode I has a 3D version and soon Episodes II to VI, I think this 3D films will help sell a lot of 3DTV once these films be placed on Blu-ray discs. I rated Episode I film 3 out of 5, but with the 3D version I will rate it 3.5 out of 5 this time.

No comments:

Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy' from the moymoypalaboy 'Uploaded' Album CD/DVD
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill at DCRJ's clinic January 30, 2009

Related Posts by DCRJ: