DCRJ's PINOY BISCUITS Channel
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy'

Friday, December 18, 2009

DCRJ's Movie Reviews: JAMES CAMERON's AVATAR



I am sure you have read other movie reviews of this magnificent film so I won't go over that again. All I want to say is get out of your house, work or whatever you are doing and go to your nearest 3D digital theater or Imax, see the film in all its heavenly detail. James Cameron has done it again, he's King of the World for the second time (his first was Titanic, remember?).

If you won't see James Cameron's AVATAR at a 3D Digital Cinema or IMAX theater then you'll be missing the movie event of 2009 ! AVATAR is meant to be seen in theaters. We saw AVATAR Dec. 17, 2009 Thursday at Cinema 3 Digital Cinema, SM Mall of Asia and it was a magical experience. I still got tickets at IMAX on Dec. 20 Sunday, viewing it for the 2nd time is worth it. I see you !

Forget about those bootlegged DVD copies of AVATAR from your favorite pirates in Quiapo, AVATAR is an event. Avatar is one of the reasons why we go to the movies.

Just some of my thoughts on the movie: The Mechwarrior in Avatar reminded of other Mechwarriors in moviedom, to name a few...the Mechwarrior Warmonger from IRONMAN, the Mechwarrior controlled by Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) in James Cameron's ALIENS and the Mechwarrior of the Prawns in DISTRICT 9.

Listen to the movie theme song (I See You) of AVATAR...I swear I heard a couple of musical notes similar to 'My Heart Will Go On' (theme song of James Cameron's TITANIC). BTW, James Horner composed both theme songs.

You can hear the praise 'I see you' in Avatar which is obviously taken from the dialogue in TITANIC (Rose: "you have talent Jack, you see people", Jack Dawson: "I see you")

My Ratings: 5 out of 5 Biscuits !


No comments:

Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy' from the moymoypalaboy 'Uploaded' Album CD/DVD
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill at DCRJ's clinic January 30, 2009

Related Posts by DCRJ: