DCRJ's PINOY BISCUITS Channel
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy'

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DCRJ's MOVIE REVIEWS in Snippets (Feb. 1, 2010 to Feb. 10, 2010)


I just finished watching the movie 'UP IN THE AIR' starring George Clooney. From the beginning of the movie I know I am going to enjoy this and I did. One of George Clooney's touching performances, I still noticed George Clooney's subtle head-bopping sideway mannerisms the way he did in other movies even when he don the Batman suit with nipples! I have a feeling George Clooney will get an Oscar nomination here. The movie although slow at times really gets the message across about life's anxieties and uncertainties. Rating 5 out of 5 biscuits !


I just finished watching 'THE LOVELY BONES' (2009) staring Mark Wahlberg. This is the least and lame work of Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson. It's a story of a 14 y.o. girl who was murdered and her spirit watches over her family. The film is a mess splattered with asynchronous themes that never holds up as a whole. Some scenes are upbeat and seems out of place in a story about murder and the afterlife. In fairness, the heavenly special effects is great and that's about it. My ratings: 2 out 5 Biscuits !


I just finished watching 'THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG'. The latest Walt Disney animated film done with the traditional hand-drawn animation but fails to deliver the traditional Disney magic. The songs and the story are average, not that I have outgrew them but it's clearly not up par with the likes of 'The Little Mermaid' or a 'Toy Story' :( My ratings : 2 out of 5 Biscuits !


I just finished watching 'THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE' again on my laptop, first time I saw this film was in the theater last year. Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana has chemistry on-screen. It's a magical film, highly recommended for those who haven't seen it. My ratings : 5 out of 5 Biscuits !


I just finished watching 'THE BLIND SIDE' starring Sandra Bullock. A feel-good movie about the true-to-life story of a homeless black kid who was taken by a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential in football and school academics. Great performance by Sandra Bullock. My rating 5 out of 5 Biscuits !

No comments:

Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill with an appearance of Pinoy Biscuit Blogger DCRJ (Dr. Dan C. Rivera, Jr.) in the music video 'Rugby Boy' from the moymoypalaboy 'Uploaded' Album CD/DVD
Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill at DCRJ's clinic January 30, 2009

Related Posts by DCRJ: